Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_4Vze2DrzxwKbi6ldCK3Xx538PlE3S2jR2YOR6vZgQPElcHZ35Z4IIyzuXreIEW>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 00:42:54 -0000

> > Possibly because Barntar is usually worshipped as a subcult of Orlanth, while Lodril has his own cult, possibly the largest male cult in Peloria.
> >
> > Mark Mohrfield
>
> ???
>
> And Dara Happa is a solar society, in the same sense that Heortlings are a storm society. Since when are the majority of Dara Happan men Earth cultists instead of Fire cultist.

Er, for some time now, actually.

> If the above reasoning about Barntar and Air is no problem, then Lordil and Fire is no problem for him being the primary farmers god of Dara Happa. And in both cases the women worship goddesses of Earth, so there isn't a problem anyway.
>
> -Adept

My point is that while Barntar is a son of, and therefore in a sense a part of, Orlanth, the same does not apply to Lodril and Yelm. Barntar is worshipped (in Sartar, anyway) primarily through Orlanth's cult, while Lodril and Yelm have very different cults, places of worship, etc.

                                                Mark Mohrfield

                                              Mark Mohrfield