Re: Esrolian agricultural deities

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_jVCkybuAzGeZoXg0R8Ag_62tveP1fwVyXm8WC1Ty2HjowwfFl8NZa7aHsszHVuJHvGIE>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:29:58 -0000

> I did wonder if there were any watery Noble Brothers - or does
> Helamakt do double-duty in that regard?

Neither. But the cult of Diros is very important in Nochet.

> I'd gotten the impression that Esrolian politics had "alliances" that
> supported certain "Husband Protectors" over others so I had thought
> that perhaps men in Esrolia might be associated with a variety of
> elemental runes: water for the coastal peoples, fire for the southern
> peoples, etc.

Esrolian politics are based on the rule of the Grandmothers and their clans. Grandmothers may try to recruit foreign gods to aid them; sometimes this is successful but usually any Grandmother who increases her status will find herself on the receiving end of a coalition of the other Grandmothers.

I can't emphasize enough that Esrolia: The Land of Ten Thousand Goddesses is THE source book on Esrolia. Just like GRoY is THE source book on Dara Happa.

Jeff