Esrolian agricultural deities

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_ZRNjY8bT9wvwr_xpL1wnuiBMCT-PAxuZ0qEYpWNkCKe3UYNMptGpM46dycZz5G3je5>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 16:39:52 +1000

Hi all,

Just splitting this off in the interest of good Subject-field metadata. I hope you don't mind Jeff.

2009/8/3 Jeff Richard <richaje_at__bNZbdZj3J7bgW3kMZ8Q3OFt7K3uleggIEC6JTNCDYBQI5-dQY3QHO95Tgs_W6pfqrf1QqwZC7ZtpQ.yahoo.invalid>:
> Esrolian agriculture is very similar to that of the Hendrikings and the
> Esrolians celebrate Barntar as he was burnt outside of the city of Nochet.
> However, the Grandmothers hold Esrola the Grower to be far more important
> than Barntar the Plow God.

Are men able to initiate to Esrola (not likely I imagine!) or to one of her male "helpers", or do they just use their common magic and work harder?

I appreciate, given his immolation, that Barntar is likely popular, but do men concentrate on his aspects that aren't especially Airy given the ambiguous reception that Orlanth and other Air-types can get in Esrolia? Perhaps through a Fertility runic connection instead of an Air runic connection? [I assume that someone has an idea of Barntar's runes, even if he isn't in the short summary of the Storm Pantheon in HQ2].

--
John Machin