Re: Hwarin Dalthippa - the Conquering Daughter

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_8IINu5WW4KZKrhSdhhyMes_S5ceK3FgpQJGhN4G33_M7MXr6ixzicLNCGAQgCRg66V>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:31:37 +1000

2009/8/4 Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_EY2f_MxS3NvCWoMV5_lorC1thpetX_-awfvvYKF4gdHYlSH_3BZikdOUjyUvmvoFxXFngkCsSsSTfwm6wgNnl9oi.yahoo.invalid>:
> It's because we have had bad experiences in the past with cults with
> everything but the Kitchen Sink. Let's see:

Fair enough! I'm still of the opinion that you can get useful descriptive richness without bloat, but I can see how the historical context might make people reticent about this.

> Given that the Big Gods of Glorantha have three runes or so (Yelm,
> Orlanth, Invisible God etc) in past sources, adding runes to indicate a
> trivial power looks inelegant to my jaded eyes.

I think there is scope for an argument that says that the Big Gods of Glorantha should have fewer (purer?) runes than the Little Gods. I'm not making that argument now though since I haven't thought it through systematically yet.

--
John Machin