Re: Hwarin Dalthippa - the Conquering Daughter

From: David Dunham <david_at_J-1J1-96of9QgSiVjURA_Z3xERefrNPGJMNi5UlT7SLyIRjSbUkaphmo8PR3m90YyzfqIQ>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 18:24:38 -0700

Peter

> > Except none of these are the core runes described in HQ2 or the
>> Sartar draft.
>
>They were in HQ1 which has many of the runes and since HQ2 explicitly
>mentions other runes, I do not see why they should not be used.

People shouldn't need access to HQ1 in order to play HQ2.

30 runes is already a lot -- I prefer reducing the learning load for my players.

It is entirely true that there are more runes than the core set (and a few are even mentioned in the Appendix). But I think it's beneficial to use a core rune whever plausible. Otherwise you end up with a huge set of runes like in HQ1. Which is problematic because...

>I don't see why the personality traits should be defined since the form
>runes and the condition runes do not have personality traits.

YGWV. In my game, I wouldn't want a character who worshipped Hwarin Dalthippa to miss out on the full effects of rune affinities that say the Yanafal Tarnils worshipper got. And I'm too lazy to figure out how Victory differs from Death. (Death certainly isn't the only rune that can be used for combat, but it's a default.)

Many of the condition runes actually do have personality traits (at least in the Sartar draft). Infinity and Magic don't, but those are pretty rare for characters to have.

--

David Dunham