Re: Why is the Wenelian tradition anti-bird?

From: Jeff Kyer <jakyer_at_KoziqRpm87RgNl0_OA2QiNq75rfg2P1LBHqvpsqCeeakq5kv_gEOQBvwCUHwzb0z_sZ-F>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:52:12 -0000

That's what I was thinking but with better detailing. Thanks, Peter. The beast tales of the Darkness are survival stories but it may be that these folks 'went the other way' and adapted/adopted magic from others in an effort to survive. Certainly the Hidden Kings are not held in high regard in the modern era.

I was just remembering that tale written by Ttrotsky (I think) where the Storm Tribe turn into animals to escape the Logic Tribe.

> > * I'm not sure if there are any avian hsunchen aside from rarities
> > like Eagle.
>
> In Genertela that's true but in Pamaltela, a list of 16 fiwan (animal
> shapeshifters) is given in Revealed Mythologies p33. Of these, about
> four are birds.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

Pamaltea is a myth told to frighten Pavis huggers! (If you don't behave, we'll publish Pamaltean supplements)

Jeff