Re: Gloranthan Sea Birds

From: Jeff Kyer <jakyer_at_4UNOgOQfpCOno0dfD3c9BRU6Oes2SoDyHno1AarxvQ8uG-411y3DBt88l1uD6YD63ltR7>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:36:58 -0000

I thought that the Closing only affected boats/ships though by a variety of means. Wizardry seems to be a remarkably precise form of magic. There are numerous spells from the earlist times which simply do not work because all the targets of Slay (That Enemy) are all dead.

For some reason, my understanding of Dormal's Ritual of Opening is that it simply convinces the world (and the Closing in particular) that 'this is not a boat really, honest, it's just a large piece of wood, nothing to see here'. This might explain why the boat is destroyed by the reasserted Closing if the ritual fails or is cast incorrectly. I suspect that the Closing is only truly broken when the Ship Planet returns to the skies.

Jeff