Re: What lies beneath Alda Chur???

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_cceKJnchky-il_cws_1zT2dtfuKPqPDi_6vrufjgmB-PFIaxw2HIyOGUsLiJFyTi0qMM>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 06:17:17 -0000

> I am assuming the blue flame temple dedicated to Yelm found by the Far Walkers on the site of Alda-Chur predates whatever EWF enclave that did exist there. I am guessing that this is a late first age structure.

What's the source on the blue flame temple?

>The city is definitely described as having walls and many structures within that are draconic including "slender spires" that I assume are EWF in origin. Possibly even these structures are older? Possibly these from a Dragonnewt city that was destroyed in an earlier possibly even pre-dawn episode and that has never been repopulated? The EWF would likely have found some use for such a site.

Let's look at the published description in DP:

"Only some bizarre architecture remains, including the glass walls, and the new city surrounds it. Several delicate towers, a cluster of curiously organic buildings, and myriad double and triple gateways soar amid curving, twisting streets built since Resettlement."

Sounds to me like some minor settlement that may have been the center of a strange EWF school of mysticism. Maybe one involving gateways.... :)

Jeff