Re: What lies beneath Alda Chur???

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_0lv21LASE_1mtMYuyYsNPCwEFYsel9tb4hFJNxyg0O2q_Av2cDe1cCSYWkO1_iqcpZv>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 20:09:07 +1200

chrphrgrv wrote:

> OK, got it, no Dara Happan influence but how do you feel about how
> John Hughes has represented the development of solar worship in the
> Far Point?

I don't really have an opinion on the historical correctness of what he writes as the known history is sufficiently vague so that what he writes could have happened the way he says it does.

The only real question that I have is that Vantar seems to be anti-Elmali for reasons that are not stated. How did this come to be? Was he an innovator who fled his homeland after a feud with the local Elmali? Or did he receive an oracle to enter Dragon Pass? It may that that his motivations are simply unknown or part of the Big Secret that lies behind the Far Walkers.

--Peter Metcalfe