Re: How to Introduce Glorantha to newbies?

From: donald_at_7jXg-prfnDvlYS6iAyTxsc5QsS-bNYhzFoLQMW18ulRe3g63RGdWfiKXIAAtTvHFeuBaC
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:23:47 GMT

>In the responses here in that they all have a Glorantha experienced
>GM to help the players along.
>
>My question would be where a beginning GM start?

It depends a bit on how much knowledge of Glorantha the players have. I would suggest it is very tricky if the players know more than the GM. But then the question becomes why aren't they running the game.

Still the same principles apply. Select your area and culture, get the main publications relating to those and treat them as the basis. Everything else is determined by the GM and players as fits the story. All players select characters from that background, no exceptions. It makes great stories having players from different backgrounds but a GM who doesn't know Glorantha well is going to struggle.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/