New players and Arcane Law

From: Alexander Entelechy <alexanderentelechy_at_ZaqLyfs_X7OcMXTSiud2aTp1V5ZESN_qhjW21z5oU6NdGkAKFiM6y5ogq>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 18:56:41 +0000 (GMT)

So in a previous thread I said that I don’t like Glorantha and the reasons were lack of a book detailing the different cultures and lack of a book explaining the metaphysics. I’ve now read Arcane Law and it’s awesome, that’s the book you give to new players. Package that with a list of cultures and some history and you have the perfect introductory book. There’s a few modifications I’d personally make to fit it with HQ2 mechanics, (I’d base the credibility tests for magic on the cultural values the players community holds instead of detailing different feats). Otherwise it’s exactly what I was looking for.

Alex