Re: Brithini Caste Restrictions/Duties

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_oACoXAhdOGuNGprviJaGjRhq_yJ00YwG7dcDyGfRY_7dc5qVKyYvRUybOBqCDS0jJ>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 06:17:58 -0700

YGWV Just a bit of correction

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:21 AM, ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_-efITg-lurattMi0_nxwX9DDJtNMF_Jnuw7ukmkGPLiimxMbSeFnqEtZKIti1apVuho2kx88b8TYsTxchyiJ.yahoo.invalid>wrote:

> I'd say they were quite tragic, forced into rigid codes of behaviour by an
> overwhelming fear of death and ageing.

I'd say:
they were born into behaviors that appear, to outsiders, to be an overwhelming fear of death and aging.

They are callous certainly, and have expunged some of the most uplifting
> parts of the human spirit from their culture,

Woah woah, they haven't expunged anything! They are born this way.
They are not human beings, but a kind of proto-human being.

and in certain respects one can therefore see them as being "horrible"...
> but "maniacs" just doesn't seem the right word to me.

Both horrible and maniacal COULD work, depending upon one's perspective.

--greg

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer