Re: Can Heortling farmers count?

From: hcarteau_at_...
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 19:54:48 +0100 (CET)

Instead, you are going to say what you want (maybe 10 sheep, maybe 2 hands of sheep, maybe there is a traditional number of sheep traded) and make an offer ("I have 100 lengths of striped cloth." "I offer this boat." "I will give you two barrels of beer now and another when the the next batch is done.") Then the seller might say, "OK, but I get to pick the sheep you get." You might respond "No, we take turns picking," and the seller responds "then I'll only offer 8 (or one hand and three or whatever) for that 100 lengths of cloth." You respond "this cloth was woven by my wife who learned the secret songs from her grandmother which keep off the moths" and the seller says "8 sheep only, but I will promise you that these two have always had healthy lambs" and so on.

/// I love this example ! This is good haggling. I'll try this with the next customer who begins whining about our high prices (I sell dear).