Zero and Calender Reckoning (Re: Can Heortling farmers count?)

From: HANATAKA Shinya <random_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:59:56 +0900

Hi, everyone.

Stephen Tempest <glorantha_at_...> writes:
> So which Gloranthan cultures possess the concept of zero? And
> conversely, which have heard of it but regard it as a vile chaotic
> heresy? (Treating negation as a concrete entity!)

I think ZERO is widely known in glorantha.

Theyalan Solar Time started from Year Zero. The calendar is specify zero (not one) for the year of the Dawn. On the other hand, In Real World, the Calender Reckoning which has the year zero beginning is very very rare.

This is evidence that Theyalans had the concept of zero. And, It should be spread to the world along with the calendar.

Of course, Lunars also have Zero Wane.

YGWV.

--
HANATAKA, Shinya