Re: Orlanthis and the Dream World.

From: robin <robin_mitra_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 00:09:13 -0000

In my opinion Kev would be an Orlanthi goddess of dreams. I think Ernalda initiates of the Kev subcult interpret all kinds of daily life occurrences for their foresight, this includes the flight of a swallow, the birth of a strange baby or beast - and as well dreams and visions.

A dream rune is a different matter though. Runes are the manifestations of Glorantha's magic. By using a rune you can tap into its power. A rune affinity has both conscious and unconscious consequences. If you are strong in the air rune, you can create storm and you behave like one. However, I have troubles seeing how to create dreams. Is it not that certain women can understand Kev, even while Ernalda is away. What is the dream power? Maybe it is the ability to convince Ernalda to send a dream to somebody else. But is that still considered foresight and dreams? Or would that rather be very strange and crude telepathy? Cheers
Robin