Re: Elder Races

From: boztakang <daniel.mccluskey_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 00:05:34 -0000

> > There are two kinds of people in the world. Uz and Food. Sometimes it is inconvenient or impolitic to eat the food people... but certainly not when they are dead.
>
> I believe this is wrong. Uz can also be Food. Almost all of the time it is impolitic to eat Uz, but it certainly happens.

oh, it definately happens, but it is a Major crime, and much discouraged by the culture at large. You are NOT allowed to kill Uz for food. (however hungry you might be at the time) And there are many many terrible tales of the horrible fates that befall any troll evil enough to do commit such a terrible terrible act.

Note, however, that Uz are obligated to eat the corpses of their fellows as the proper "burial" rite, so confusion is bound to occur, and "accidental" deaths may or may not be overlooked in especially hungry circumstances. The distinction might be hard for an outsider to appreciate, but IMG, no Uz would ever Admit to killing another for food.

Trollkin also do not count as Uz, and can be killed and eaten at their owner's discretion or whim.