Re: The Flooding of Prax, and about draconic rivers.

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:55:52 +0000

On 19 Mar 2013, at 14:50, Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...> wrote:

> > Perhaps Genert's Garden had no place for Dragons.
>
> We know that Genert had one dragon associated with him (I think supposedly as an advisor), called something like All Eyes Open But One.

"It is said that Genert, ruler of the northern continent, was advised by a True Dragon, called All Eyes Open But One, who had once been a dragonewt. The many legends and tales of dragons or their kin teaching human-kind are from this [Golden Age] period.

When the gods of Disorder and Chaos began infringing upon the world the dragons and their kin did nothing. They were populous and powerful but did not move when their friends and surroundings were destroyed, nor did they seem to be affected when vast portions of their own, lesser kin were wiped out by the invasions of Chaos. In fact, it seemed as if the entire dragonewt race was willing to let itself be passively slain."

http://moondesignpublications.com/library/elder/dragonewts-mythos.html

> IMG, I view Genert in a similar light as the "Old Man" tales of American Indians, something of a land-tamer and name-giver; in that role, he had to subdue dragons, giving rise to the tales of a conflict between dragons and giants.

Advisor doesn't say subdue to me. This is the Golden Age - a time of wonder, everyone wants to be in Genert's Garden. From the above snippet I can see All Eyes Open But One standing by as Genert is slain watching as the world ends, not acting, but waiting for transcendence as though in the eye of a storm.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433