Re: The Flooding of Prax, and about draconic rivers.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 19:18:29 +1300

On 3/20/2013 2:10 AM, David Scott wrote:

> In the Early Storm Age Flood, the Vingotlings are on an island. A third of Genert's Garden has been flooded, the western part is now a coastline. There are three small island between the Vingotlings and the Garden. The Garden is cut off from the Spike by Aroka.

I think there are more than three islands. According to the Map and Legend in the Book of Heortling Mythology (p73), there are sixteen such islands. Terra thinks the Islands are the tops of the Giant Mountains in the Eastern Rockwoods which is the best idea of heard so far.

Based on the features in the God Learner maps elsewhere, I'm inclined to view the three islands as being the result of God Learner mythical explorations rather than there actually being three islands. They used a particular myth which gave the best view of the islands and counted only three of them. Other myths are far less clear but gave more islands.

--Peter Metcalfe