Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 19:28:05 +1300

On 3/19/2013 12:04 PM, Chris Lemens wrote:

> If this is what you mean, how do you explain that, when Praxians visit the Survival Contest on the other side, they see Waha presiding over it?
Given that Waha's father is Storm Bull whose disobediance for the Compromise is well-known (Eternal Battle) I'm not too concerned by Waha apparently appearing out of place. There are worse discrepancies in the God Learner mythical maps.

> My problem with it is that it means that Waha was literally riding around Prax for hundreds of years.

I don't think he was active all that time. For the most part, he resided in the Paps but at certain times, he issued forth to raise hell. The sacking of Adari, the razing of Robcradle and so forth is just the most well-documented period.

> I think that the big compromise thingie that happened at the dawn (trying to avoid any particular culture's labels here) prevents [Waha being forced to accept the Compromise in historical times - PHM].

Not really. He's being forced to accept a civilized version of the Compromise (ie the pathetic weak-assed Heortling version). In his original version of the Compromise which he drew up himself, he had an out for himself. Isn't Waha clever?

--Peter Metcalfe