Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 19:55:08 -0000

A few thoughts about the available time for Waha to do all that he did.
  1. Before the dawn, time did not exist, at least not as understand after the dawn. There was clearly a flow of events, but this is part of why heroquesting can be so unpredictable, it is not at all like going to this specific place at this specific date and knowing exactly what is there.
  2. In the chaos age the world was shattered, at least figuratively (and I prefer a somewhat more literal interpretation of that). In fact I think that the origin of much of that shattering was the destruction of Genert. I'd say it is probable that the nature of 'reality' in each of those fragments drifted, relative to other fragments. So 'how long' (for whatever that means without modern time) it was between one world spanning event and another may well not have been the same from one place to another (at least until the god learners align it all)
  3. Why says that the dawn age has ended for the Praxians? Genert is still dead, they are still surviving in the same way that they did when Waha walked amongst them. Their gods and spirits never came back, they are still dealing with their 'living gods.' Some places had a very clearly defined "Dawn" and they assume that everyone in the whole world experienced the same, so major and important was the event to them. But could this be like (in inverse) areas hit by a bad earthquake thinking that the whole world is shaking apart? Now, Heortling and Dara Happan myth are probably aligned on the dawn, and they taught the other remnant peoples that they found and assimilated, but that doesn't meant that what they consider to be universal really is.
  4. Of course Waha ends up in the underworld. He taught the real people the way to live, so of course he also had to eventually teach them how to die properly, and what to do after death. Who else would do so? It is maybe not the most famous of the myths, perhaps it is simply "But grandpa, what happened to Waha, where did he go?" "Where do you think" *smacks grandchild* "Once he'd taught us all we need to know about living, he went on to teach us all we need to know about dying, so he's in the underworld now."