Re: The Flooding of Prax, and about draconic rivers.

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:24:53 +0000

On 19 Mar 2013, at 19:59, jorganos <joe_at_...> wrote:

> I have seen a map which shows Oslira/Sshorga in or around Kerofinela and Seolinthur as tributary entering the Garden.

Would that be the Troll migrations Storm Age Map from Trollpak (Uz Lore p7 AH 1988). That would fit in to the sequence after the flood.

> > In the Early Storm Age Flood, the Vingotlings are on an island. A third of Genert's Garden has been flooded, the western part is now a coastline. There are three small island between the Vingotlings and the Garden. The Garden is cut off from the Spike by Aroka.
>
> I was talking specifically about Prax, never mind the lands beyond Zola Fel. The Kerofinelan eastern coastline runs through the lands just east of the Verge or Mt. Quivin. That's where I would look for Prax.

Looking at the new mythological maps, the answer is quite clear: Prax is not named and the area is part of the Garden, it would form the coastal strip. Tada's land appears mid-storm age.

> Note that I make a distinction between the Garden (as a whole) and Prax (which is basically the westernmost corner, the land of Tada and his folk).

Which raises an interesting point, when does Prax actually come into existence. The new mythological maps don't have it marked. Neither does the previously mentioned Trollpak map. My understanding is that it came into being after the Dawn. The Wastelands weren't pulled completely together until the ritual of the net, only a few named places existed up until then. Although we don't have a definitive translation for the name - it should mean something like homeland, new land, new camp, etc.

> Any body of water they may encounter would be a hostile spirit environment. It is hard to concentrate on swimming if your spirit gets attacked, too?

Only if you slip into the spirit world.

> Neither tapirs nor bison really fit into a serengeti setting like Prax.

That is post chaos, the Garden could have it all.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433