Re: Mythical Praxians

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:27:40 -0000

>> Joerg, responding to Peter:
>>> I wouldn't be surprised to find entities resembling the
>>> Grotaron or Gold Wheel Dancers there.

> Chris Lemens:

>> Hmm. I thought the Gold Wheel Dancers being in the Garden were
>> canon. Maybe I misremember. As for Gortarons, well, the fewer
>> the better if you ask me.

I know they were present in northern Kerofinela and southern Peloria in the Dawn Age. I have no information whether they were native to that region or refugees from Genert's Garden.

"David" <blerg2_at_...>:
> Obviously, there would be no grotarons (or at least no more
> than a handful, searching for their Questing Beast) in the
> Garden at this time.

I didn't suggest an actual Grotaron presence.

> There would be other creatures, just as weird and wonderful
> and awful and ridiculous as the grotarons are, but native to
> the area (what they were is a matter of YGMV). Unlike the
> grotarons, they didn't survive the Chaos Age, Silver Age, and
> the coming of Time.

That's what I meant, yes. Although I wouldn't be too surprised if some of those creatures stepped out one of the Hidden Greens.

> OTOH, you might run into them on the edges of the Great Herd,
> the next time that you run a Praxian HeroQuest. Only the
> more experienced questors will be able to tell you that they
> are NOT chaotics.

Something like this?
As the herd enters a bluff, a gaggle of misshapen creatures hustles through the best parts of the pasture, stealing the best of the fodder. (A pacifist gardener group trying to salvage some of their harvest from the herds, in the eyes of the nomads who have no idea of their nurturing those plants these creatures are despicable thieves.)