Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 07:33:58 -0000

Peter wrote:

> It depends on the qualifications for descent. Do you want every male
> Praxian to be eligible to be a Khan?

No, I don't.

Or restrict that to a minority of
> men? As written (the descent "can be thin") implies the former. I
> think it would be more interesting society of it was the latter.

Definitely agree. This was why I liked the literal geneological descent rather than some sort of spiritual recognition of Waha! as an ancestor, but either way, it is more fun if sometimes the best man for to be Khan cannot be Khan. The Shamans are the guys who really make all the decisions anyway (or at least, that's what the Respected Elders like everyone to thing)

Keith