Re: How the Yelmi and Yelmalion get along

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 12:55:10 -0000

drscience3000/dr.dave:

> As the son of Yelm, I would think the Yelmi look favorably upon the
> Yelmalion. OTOH, I think I heard they don't get along?

Yelmites in Dara Happa probably see Yelmalio as an upstart, a jumped-up cult for foreigners that doesn't fit into their ways.

Yelmalians, on the other hand, think of Dara Happans as elitist, and who have forgotten the marriage of Yelm and Ernalda. In many ways, the Yelmalio cult is a Back-to-Basics Yelic cult, or perhaps even a Fundamentalist Yelmic cult, believing that Dara Happans have become so enamoured of the glory of Yelm that they have forgotten the right ways of living.

Sure, some say that the deity they worship isn't Yelmalio, but that might be a title, in any case.

However, the fact remains that the Yelmalio cult does have Solar worship in a Dara-Happan style outside of Dara Happa. In that sense, worshipping Yelmalio is better that not worshipping a Solar deity at all.

As for being the son of Yelm, everyone knows that Yelm has many sons. If the Yelmalians wish to believe that Yelmalio is a son of Yelm then let them think so. It also means that they are subservient to Yelm, so that Yelm cultists can command Yelmalians, which is a good thing.