I love my players...

From: Tim <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:28:35 -0000

[Spoiler Warning] - I'm going to refer in passing to the scenarios "Return to Apple Lane" and the first part of "The Colymar Campaign". I'll try not to specifically give away any secrets, but if you know you are about to play in them soon, it may be safer to skip this post for now...

We ran through the Clan Generation, where they came up with a very "Orlanthi" clan, despite no prior exposure to Glorantha, and came up with an interesting set of characters, including an Elmali Thane, his Orlanthi Huscarl bodyguard, a drunken poet/bard and a young orphaned Yinkini thief. The Huscarl decided he did not appreciate the poet, the Yinkini decided she thinks he is wonderful, and the poet decided he will do everything to glorify the name of the Orlanthi Bodyguard rather than his Elmali lord...

We ran through "Return to Apple Lane" - They came up with a plan to mislead their opponents, but failed to inform Gringle, who, confident that Fazzur would honour their agreement gave the game away, but still managed to succeed, (and avoided being immediately identified by the main villains of the piece). The poet composed an epic praising the Huscarl and, while visiting Jonstown, got it written down.

We took a break after this and resumed play again last week and started up the Colymar campaign. Towards the end of the session the group is summoned to see King Kangharl. I informed them that it was expected that they would take the King a gift - So the Poet decided to present him with the written copy of his poem...

Fortunately Kangharl has very little interest in epic Orlanthi poetry, so just discarded it and got on with chewing them out over their activities at the Feast of Beasts - Still at some stage, someone in Clearwine is going to read that scroll and figure out who they are and what they were up to...