Re: Dara Happans and Time

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:52:02 +1200

On 4/25/2013 11:34 PM, jorganos wrote:
> Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:
>

>> They had night time back then.
> Do we have any sources for a presence of Night prior to the descent of Yelm?

There are plenty of references to Night time in Orlanthi myth before the Emperor was slain. For example in the Making War, One of the Old Gods is Night who was standing guard when the Shell Horse was stolen. Likewise in the myth When Orlanth was Prisoner, the Emperor has "huge armies and priests and clowns at his call day and night".

Likewise in the glorious ReAscent, there are references to days in myths involving Yelm. One example is "One day Yelm felt the need for grandeur" in the myth of the First People. One can't have plural days without nights.
Further references to days are also found in the Entekosiad.

> Do you have a source for Yelm moving from his throne room after becoming Emperor? The most movement I find recorded about Yelm is his court dance in the Orlanth challenge, closely followed by lifting his feet from the Footstool when Sshorga entered Raibanth untamed.
Yelm creates the First People at Ersorianen which wehrever it is placed is not in Yelm's Throneroom. As for the confrontation with Nestendos:

        Then Yelm himself strode forward to confront the cold-eyed
serpent [Nestendos], but he could not, for the         very essence of
his pure Justice prevented him from being polluted by this contact.

Hardly an example of immobility.

--Peter Metcalfe