Re: Dara Happans and Time

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 23:36:49 +0200

Jeff:

> See the difficulty with the God Time. According to the God Learners,
> the Avanapdur War was in the Chaos Age and ended with Thella's Net
> which brought the Dawn. And yet, the Austerity War and other events
> took place before the Dawn but clearly after the Chaos Age, and
> Avanapdur's Transitory Empire plays no role in those myths! A
> conundrum!

OK, I might come back to that particular example, but let's take a step up. You cannot count days and years in the God Time for sure. At the micro level, events can be jumbled, a well known danger of heroquesting, but, at the macro level there certainly seems to be a "cosmological sequence".

For example, if you visit the Storm Age, the entities you meet will know that there has been a Golden Age (or Stagnant Age, depending on yout point of view). If you visit the Golden/Stagnant Age on the other hand, those you interact with will know nothing of the coming Storm Age. Right?

Same for the Vithelans, visit the Demigods Cycle and those you meet will know of the Oorsu Sara war and how Mashunasan saved the Cosmos by not doing anything. If you go to the Gods Cycle (presumably not the Oorsu Sara war though if you don't want to be destroyed), nobody will know of the Herespur war.

So, back to where we started, my impression was that the Avanapdur war and the Austerity war were at the same macro level stage in the greater cosmological sequence, a distinct stage from the Dawn. That lack of no reference to the other in each set of myths mainly because neither spanned all of Vithela (Austerity war in the north, AVanpdur war in the south).

That can of course have changed in recent thinking!

/Nils W