Re: Re : [WorldofGlorantha] Re: Xemela and Froalar : the dirty secrets

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 17:44:58 +0800

Incarnate? No. Invoke the story, placing oneself in a similar position, in order to enact a similar bargain? Absolutely. A heroquester would not claim to be Froalar, but might certainly play a similar role, making claims based on similarities in position (eg invoking Talar authority, or shared ancestry, or similar religious backing) in order to achieve a similar outcome.

I imagine that Malkioni experts have debates, some of them much like the ones we have in the Gloranthan community, about what is really going on in heroquests - they have the stories, but not necessarily as much detail as they would like, and they attempt to analyze and understand the significance of what happened. Unlike us, though, these debates can sometimes be of much more than practical significance - knowing whether Froalar, for example, is able to invoke his authority over a particular being based on his status as a talar, or authority of family, or based on a prior arrangement, etc may be a matter of life and death to a heroquester attempting to retread his path.

Cheers
David