Re: Re : Re: Xemela and Froalar : the dirty secrets

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 11:27:52 +0100

On 1 May 2013, at 10:44, David Cake <dave_at_...> wrote:

> I imagine that Malkioni experts have debates, some of them much like the ones we have in the Gloranthan community, about what is really going on in heroquests - they have the stories, but not necessarily as much detail as they would like, and they attempt to analyze and understand the significance of what happened. Unlike us, though, these debates can sometimes be of much more than practical significance - knowing whether Froalar, for example, is able to invoke his authority over a particular being based on his status as a talar, or authority of family, or based on a prior arrangement, etc may be a matter of life and death to a heroquester attempting to retread his path.

This sounds like experimentation. The experts at magic are the rokari. Analysis will lead to a change in practice. They have all the info they need to get power from the gods. They would not try new stuff - look at what the god learners did.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433