Re: Malkioni Heroquesting

From: Jeff <richaje_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 08:14:11 -0000

> This is very interesting, and I'd like to know more. Do Malkioni heroquests still focus on the gods rather than the likes of Hrestol and Rokar?

Let me put this in more of a Malkioni way, do they interact with the Erasanchula and other powerful magical entities? Yes. Do they "play-act" to be Hrestol or Rokar? No. They apply the lessons, experiences, and teachings of Xemela, Hrestol, Tomaris, Gerlant, Arkat, Talor, Hadwal, Tryensaval, Rokar, Snodal, Siglat, and so on but do not conflate their identity with their own.

> Do they basically act as "themselves" while on a heroquest, even as they take on a mythical role (as in the example with Seshna Likita - even if you are acting on your own, you still are following an ancient hero's footsteps)?

They are logically and rationally interacting with powerful magical forces that can be controlled by certain actions, statements, gifts, etc. Ancient heroes may first have discovered how to control these forces, but you are doing it, not they.

>Is Malkioni heroquesting more versatile than that of theists?

Yes, and no. Their knowledge of the Otherworld is often broader than a theist - but also more superficial. Frex, they know Worlath is the Storm God and the Killer of Ehilm, but not the full range of myths at the disposal of an Orlanthi heroquester. On the other other hand, they also know that Ehilm is the Sun God, and the Golden Emperor, that Magasta is the Sea God, Nakala is the Darkness goddess and so on - and how to interact with them within certain parameters,

Jeff