Re: Lunar Chaos Figthing Cult

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:06:54 -0000

Glass:
> > Is this an unusual aspect of Mallia, or can some other deities normally considered chaotic be worshipped in a non-Chaotic way?
>
> If I recall correctly, Malia was always normally considered non-
> chaotic except when worshipped "by broos and other horrors," so
> I'd reverse the question:
>
> Is this an unusual aspect of Malia, or can some deities normally
> considered non-chaotic be worshipped in a chaotic way?

Malia is highly unusual in that she was one of the Unholy Trinity that created Wakboth the Devil. Thios makes her pretty chaotic, although she was possibly the midwife rather than the mother/father of the Devil.

I think the "Chaotic when worshipped by broos" is a wishy-washy statement, designed to make those who propitiate her feel better about herself.

It might be about Runes, though, she might have a Chaos Rune when worshipped by some cultures but not others. Is this a games rules construct or does it say something deep regarding Gloranthan metaphysics?

> But who in Central Genertela is not objectively chaotic but can
> be worshipped in a chaotic way? Anyone?

Urain maybe? I don't think he is chaotic, but he has been drawn that way. In my view, he is the personification of the ultra-violence of the Storm Pantheon, but on a really bad day.

Simon