Re: shamanic integration

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 16:51:37 -0000

David Scott:

> Praxian spirit world -> The Larger Herd -> Larger realm of Animals (gods and Great spirits)-> Genert's ancient demesne (The Green Age) -> Earthmaker's demesne (The Primal Plasma).

Do you have any more examples of these? They would be very useful for my current Praxian campaign, as I am trying to work up a better way for animist traditions to interact and this would give me a good way to restrict spirits to a tradition.

> The Horned Man is in Earthmaker's realm he can teach the secrets
> of the soul winds, some would say he's Earthmaker's fetch. Tribal
> shaman are immensely powerful and few.

So the more powerful shamans should be able to access the "higher" or "deeper" realms - that's a useful idea.

> This is going to quickly get boring for the other players in the
> group with a shaman hero, they are going to end up sidekicks if
> you're not careful.

That happens anyway - we try to restrict spirit-allying so that it only takes a couple of minutes, but the above approach would make it easier.

Simon