Re: Which is the difference between Magi and Viziers?

From: Durupt Jean <durupt.jean_at_orange.fr>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 17:04:49 +0200 (CEST)

After thinking about it.

When Syranthir  conquered what is now (1620 ST) Carmania, his army had members of the four castes.

The officers were of the noble caste.

The NCO and soldiers were of the soldier caste.

The war wizards and religious wizards were of the wizard caste.

The wagon drivers, ironsmith, redsmiths  and personal attendants were of the commoner caste.

Therfore after the conquest, there was a Carmanian commoner caste.

Its member did specialized tasks (ironsmith, redsmith, ..) for the carmanoi, the viziers and the hazars.

Most tasks traditionally done by commoners were don by native pelandans.

It is quite possible that by 1620 ST, the carmanian commoner caste has died out.

But if we have a dark brooding castle in a remote part of Carmania owned by count Vlad, I think his manservant Igor

should be a Carmanian too.

Jean Durupt