Celestial Court and other dead gods (was Ratslaff)

From: pomeroi_at_mailfass.de
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 18:31:26 +0200

Thanks for your answers on Ratslaff.

Beside other things you suggested:

> Ratslaf as a contactable entity is gone. The only member of the
> Celestial court left is Uleria

This rose my thinking about old and gone gods in general. People obviously do not actively worship them. But do they revere, even remember? Tell stories to the children? Is Larnste's Table just a nice name to a geographical feature or do people go there for spiritual reasons? Is Umath merely Orlanth's Father? Does the naming of Glorantha feel like more than to naming the world you live in? What do you think?

 > OTOH, it seems reasonable that some of His relics still exist

Great inspiration possible here. This gives room for some interesting things. Forgive me my wilful ignorance, but I gather information mostly for gaming in Glorantha.