Re: Digest Number 3476

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:40:16 -0700 (PDT)

> So now he's a Heleri without a water rune. He badly wants to get
> his Water rune back somehow, which seems likely to require another
> Heroquest. Does anyone have any ideas about a myth he could use
> for that?

Surely there are Initiation Quests for adults, rather than just for adolescents?  I assume that as a Heler worshipper that most of his magic went into his water magics, and having lost all of that, he is now about as magically potent as a novice adventurer at best.  Given this, he would be unwise to employ means that risked much to regain most of that in one fell swoop.

> I thought about Orlanth and Aroka, but without Air rune magic,
> that might be pretty tricky.

Obviously he cannot LEAD such a Quest, but there might be a role that he can take which will give him access to a water rune - perhaps as one of O's supporters?  It might also be some role that becomes obvious once you, the GM, look at what magics he still has.