Re: Arkat and Dorasta

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 23:21:12 +1300

On 10/28/2013 1:07 AM, David Scott wrote:

> So there was nothing left. It was a sterile barren land. Dorasta had gone back to sleep as she did in the Great Darkness. Then Ralzakark appears with his broos from somewhere in the Second Age and repopulates the land on their terms. IMO Ralzakark has probably existed since the godtime in some form as a chaos entity bound into time, or perhaps he's a part of Nysalor that escaped the dismemberment and burial.

IMO Nysalor/Rashoran taught people how not to fear what they did not know. So in Dorastor, they took that lesson to extreme lengths and came up with Ralzakark, the friendly face of the Devil. I think that Ralzakark was a manifestation of Wakboth that destroyed Dorastor in the Chaos Age but was defeated through unknown means. Perhaps the last Feldichi killed him and made his body into the Pseudocosmic Egg to repair the Cosmos but failed to finish the job. Thus when Nysalor was born, Ralzakark came brought to life again.

--Peter Metcalfe