Re: Malkionis and Brithinis Castes

From: Glass <glass_at_panix.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 18:47:11 -0000

> Why they just age more slowly instead of being ageless as brithinis? they do not meet both the castes that Brithnis?

One of their wizards told me once that everything dies, even Brithini and the godless dwarves. "All natural mechanisms eventually break down. While our bodies can be maintained for many years, ultimately everything and everyone dies, even if only through happenstance."

This is true but "ultimately" can still be delayed a very long time. The Rokari have chosen to follow rules for living that they claim nourish identity and consciousness after death. This is different from the Brithini way of correct behavior and as far as most Rokari are concerned it is better.

Practically speaking, even if a Rokari were to adopt the Brithini way he would still eventually age and die due to accumulation of error -- and error is inevitable in any organism born broken. You can say that non-Brithini struggle with "original sin." Death is in their blood and bone. They see this as a long-term competitive advantage.

At best correct behavior can be "taught" but this is a corrective process. Brithini by definition do not need to be "taught" correct caste behavior or "sorted" into their castes like children in one of their wizard schools.

I hope this is useful.