Re: Seshna / Sidana

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 16:45:45 +0800

On 13/06/2013, at 2:52 PM, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz> wrote:

> On 6/13/2013 4:34 AM, Glass wrote:
>

>> Was there a Brithini colony before Frowal that turned inward, followed the goat and fell? A sort of Gloranthan Croatoan, if you like.

> The entire western coastline was settled by Kachasti (Malkioni) in the
> Storm Age. There was even a war between them and the Vadeli and
> Mostali. As to the specific deity, it reads a bit like a Stevie
> invention. I'm not opposed to such inventions myself but without more
> detail, it's just dull.
	Yeah, there was plenty of Kachasti and Vadeli activity pre-Dawn in the West.
	And yes, I'm agree it was likely a Stephen invention, which means it might not ever become canonical (or it might be an extrapolation from one line Greg wrote somewhere, I don't know).
	As Peter says, with that limited detail it is fairly dull, especially as her one spell provided probably won't come up in play much - though that spell could certainly be worked into a campaign full of Game of Thrones style sordid dynastic struggle quite effectively, and Seshnela would certainly be a pretty good setting for that style of game.
	The child of such a chaotic magic inspired sexual union might well end up being an ogre or similar, of course, or developing a chaotic ability of some kind. Grotesque backwoods degenerate stories would also be appropriate.
	If I was to use this story, I'd be tempted to indicate that the sinister incestuous dynasty were either Vadeli or corrupted by them. Harnessing the violation of sexual taboos for magical purposes is something I think of as part of the standard Vadeli repertoire.
	Cheers
		David