Seshna Before Froalar (was: Sidana)

From: Glass <glass_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 00:18:22 -0000

> And yes, I'm agree it was likely a Stephen invention, which means it might not ever become canonical (or it might be an extrapolation from one line Greg wrote somewhere, I don't know).

Thanks guys. Only historical discussions I could track down went down similar lines of "drastic, ignore" but for all I knew there was a cryptic note written upside down in the Book of Kings or something so had to check.

 I agree that the cult is boring except for very gothic dynastic games. While the lead itself may be a dead end, it did get me wondering about what exactly Froalar's people found when they arrived.

The Kachasti and Vadeli unquestionably left a mark on the landscape but the Guide is silent on any continued presence, saying only that when Frowal was founded "the land was thinly populated by bands of lion-worshiping Pendali." Maybe there are traces and ruins of pre-Dark cultures or even active settlements, or maybe the Guide is simply feeding into my (false?) impression of a roaring wilderness, I don't know.

Other sources are clear that the Aldryami were relatively friendly by the Dawn Age so there are those cultural contacts to consider.

The Guide also implies that Froalar's people made contact with "Ehilm" (and more troubling, "Worlath") during the Ice Age, so either (a) there are proto-Enerali in the mix to bring the sun cult in particular or else (b) Ehilm worship developed separately among the Seshnegi and the Enerali -- maybe as an Aldryami influence on both cultures or as a product of the Speaking Tour's magnificent exchange.

Again, there might be a vanishingly obscure reference clarifying this and if so I know I will be corrected. Just working from the Guide.

(Worlath's presence this early on is troubling because I was under the impression that the other Harmast had to import the storm god to Hrelar Amali in 180. Maybe in classic pre-time style he was always already there?)

(Ice Age Ehilm worship must have been a very strange thing since at this point the sun is dead and/or locked in "Vit's" inexorable grip.)

Am I missing any known people in the area when Froalar came? Isefwal is pretty far north across a lot of howling wilderness. And I like the idea that Arolanit emerged with the Dawn.