Re: Seshna Before Froalar

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:41:23 +1200

On 6/14/2013 12:18 PM, Glass wrote:

> The Kachasti and Vadeli unquestionably left a mark on the landscape but the Guide is silent on any continued presence, saying only that when Frowal was founded "the land was thinly populated by bands of lion-worshiping Pendali." Maybe there are traces and ruins of pre-Dark cultures or even active settlements, or maybe the Guide is simply feeding into my (false?) impression of a roaring wilderness, I don't know.

IMO the entire coastline was occupied by Kachasti people before Froalar arrived. All Froalar did was to go to one particular settlement, build a fortress in or nearby and he gets remembered as the builder of Frowal.

> The Guide also implies that Froalar's people made contact with "Ehilm" (and more troubling, "Worlath") during the Ice Age, so either (a) there are proto-Enerali in the mix to bring the sun cult in particular or else (b) Ehilm worship developed separately among the Seshnegi and the Enerali -- maybe as an Aldryami influence on both cultures or as a product of the Speaking Tour's magnificent exchange.

There were Galanini populations in the Fornao valley not far from Seshneg. Worlath worship became endemic among the Kachasti as it was instrumental in freeing themselves from Nidan tyranny (Revealed Mythologies).

--Peter Metcalfe