Re: Yelmic Illumination

From: Glass <glass_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 02:21:44 -0000

> The only reference to Dayzatar and Illumination that I'm aware of comes in the Fortunate Succession when the Dayzatar Wise One walks out of a discussion of the God Project and the
> other Wise Ones use that as evidence the God Project was a good thing.

This is one of my favorite stories and set off a long personal Plentonic Debate about the syncretic evolution of Dara Happan religion.

I am in no condition to fend off the carriers right now but it always struck me as odd how Dayzatar leaves the project and someone named Daysenerus is revealed a few years later, much as someone named Tarumath comes in when the Orlanthi rebel.

Not to call our Dayzatar a Gbaji introduction at all. He is the opposite of the new religion in a lot of ways and his cult preserves a lot of the most ancient Dara Happan material still extant.

But IMG he was uniquely suited for this because in his way he was already an unusually syncretic figure, which is why (for example) Takenegi could reasonably consider "Buserian" to be the proper city god of Yuthuppa, when previously that city had been the province of "Yelm Arraz" and others. And why "the portion of Dayzatar" happens to be Saird where the sun domes flourished.

"Even Plentonius can be wrong."