Initiation among the Orlanthi

From: Zachary Kline <zkline_at_speedpost.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 18:40:46 -0700

Hi All,
In reading the Report on the Orlanthi, both from King of Sartar and the slightly tweaked version in Sartar, KoH, it is suggested adulthood initiations occur every five years, on average. What does this translate to in terms of detailed process? I remember reading somewhere description of the step-by-step, but can’t seem to find it now. Why every five years, out of interest? I note in King of Dragon Pass, around 20 children seem to become adults every year, give or take, with occasional crazy exceptions. Is this just a convenient gameplay abstraction? Thanks for any info on this,
Zack.