Re: Talents

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_me.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 13:18:04 +0100

On 30 Jun 2013, at 15:41, David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au> wrote:
> I do think it is interesting that Talents are sort of an oddity, almost a relic, in Heroquest - in earlier editions, there was a defined method of gaining them and they were well understood, now they function the same but are just 'this thing that happens sometimes'.

These are clearly defined on page 74 of Sartar: KoH, there's a whole page on them. They are great colouring for heroes. When stating the sample characters in Pavis, I used them to provide extra colour . Look at Fethlon the Bright (p20), he's got three talents. In my games, my players always pick cool stuff they wouldn't normally get hold of. All three types are popular. In my Praxian campaign they are the source of weird spells, odd charms, and magical talents, talents like Bison stunts where the hero can do trick stuff with their bison - standing its back to fight, running mounting, etc.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433