Re: Bronze

From: soltakss_at_yahoo.com [WorldofGlorantha] <WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com>
Date: 08 Feb 2015 08:05:52 -0800

---In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, <bakerpaul442_at_...> wrote :  >How similar is Hu-Metal to Bronze?
>This kind of stems from a pub argument - discussing an old Pavis campaign, my old Humakt had a Bronze great sword blessed up to the hilt. One of my current gamers, a closet metallurgists believes any bronze weapon over 3' long would either bend or shatter to easily to be a reliable weapon.

 One of the worst things done in Glorantha was to use different names for the elemental metals and then to say that they were similar to yet different from terrestrial metals.

 In my game, elemental metals are quite soft and unusable, but enchant them magically and you get something worthwhile.

 Gloranthan Bronze is a metal that is used to make weapons, armour and equipment. If you use HeroQuest, that's all you need to know. If you use RuneQuest, then you need to know ENC and APs. In neither case do you need to know the metallurgical properties of Gloranthan Bronze. It is what it is. Bronze can be used to make any sort of weapon, as it is a metal. I wouldn't go any deeper than that, personally.

 I use the values from Elder Secrets, as they are the most comprehensive rules for metals that I have seen. However, I use Silver as the Lunar metal, Tin as the Air metal and Bronze as the Everyday metal.

 Simon