AW: AW: Disrupted Spirits/Cyberboard Gamebox

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk>
Date: Sun Jun 10 13:39:56 2007

Steve:
>Adds an additional level of complication to the game, though -- something
of a surprise coming from you, who usually want to reduce the number of die rolling that is done.

I prefer more complication for my own play, but a product for sale should be playable without studying the rules. Complications/extra rules can be added for those who want to take it further.

> Plus, it adds an increasing element of luck to
the game -- if I tend to roll dice unluckily, it will just take longer to un-Disrupt my troops.

Also less luck, as to elim a unit takes two rolls at least. So one could be low and another high, thus units tend to last longer.

> Thus, in a game of this scale, I'd rather see them
all Disrupt in the same timeframe.

Right, for normal use you want it simple.

>Besides, what you are talking about IS already part of the game, anyway
-- Reinforcements. If the Soandso Lancers have been _eliminated_, but then I call them as Reinforcements a couple of turns (= days) later, then perhaps they were simply so scattered that it took a few extra turns for them to reform.

Yes, as you describe it is already there, but people can choose the variant if they wish to. It does sound interesting and would certainly make for a different game. Ah, but when to play? The people here just don't play wargames, and DP takes too long for a round at a con.

Daniel