Again and again

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 08:50:43 +0100

Nils Weinander writing

David Dunham:
> And as I mentioned before, Yelm isn't mentioned as
>being worshipped in Kralorela. Nils may have good stuff, but it's hardly
>official.

Thank you! I try to sprinkle my postings with 'in my version of XXX', 'this is my view' etc. If anyone likes one of my ideas please use it, but I hope nobody thinks I have any pretensions of officialness. On the contrary I bend official data shamelessly to get what fits into my worldview.

Kralori goddesses again

Peter:
>The Rice Mother is for growing rice. Kralorela and China does require other
>sorts of crops to live upon as well as care of animals (jungle fowl, water
>oxen, swine etc). Dendara is thus akin to a general store in the farming
>world.

I see your point though I'll stick with my view that Rice Mother is the main farmer's goddess, and called RICE Mother vecause rice is the most important crop. I think _my_ Kralorelans are pragmatic enough to let her keep an eye out for the vegetable gardens and pig houses too.

>1) The main difference that I can think of is that the Ruling Dragon Lords
>of Kralorela do not enact anything like a sacred marriage. From what I can
>divine of their philosophy, gods seem to be purely abstract phenomenon and
>to personify them seems to be a act worthy of a simpleton.

This is definitely worth thinking about. I think Peter is absolutely right here: the simple farmers of Kralorela may be only someaht deviant theists, but the educated people of the cities, the mandarins etc who are into draconic mysticism have another view of the gods.

>2) The virtues of the Kralorelean goddess is held to be sufficiently suitable
>for the farmers so it's worship is encouraged by the rural mandarins in both
>male and female farmers

Also very sound thinking. I think that the mandarins don't care much about which gender of deity farmer men and women worship, as long as they give their due MP sacrifice to the Exarch and behave like good farmers should:

>(ie meek, industrious and wholely servile)

/Nils W