Super gifts and geasa

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 94 23:23:25 GMT

Loren Miller:
> I think the way the super gifts and geasa that Sandy described would
> be best handled in RQ by requiring subcult membership to take them.
> Charge the player who wants to take a super geas and super gift 1 POW
> to join the subcult and then off he (she if Londra or the like) goes.

I don't think this is a good, or at least, not a complete, mechanism for the sort of geasa Sandy suggested. The problem would be they don't avoid the "suicide bomber" effect; Joe Bloggs Humakti/YTite would still be able to dispose of the local High Honcho readily by this route. Of course, this assumes the judgement that this isn't how things (should) work(s).

Happy Birthday, Dear Invictus Sol,
Alex.