Broken Council Guidebook

From: via RadioMail <David>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 1995 21:20:47 -0800

Mr Shannon Appel said

>Greg was very kind in providing access to his files on the First Age,
>and discussing areas of confusion or contradiction. I don't know if
>I'd use the word blessing, but Greg definitely saw and gave comments
>on the two main articles (the history and the geography), so hopefully
>they are relatively accurate (which isn't to say that I don't already
>know of some minor errors...)

I just asked Mr Stafford, and he said the Broken Council Guidebook was unlikely to be seriously Gregged.

I'd be interested in an errata (not counting the various unfortunate typos).

Is it practical for non-Americans to send US$10 to Eric Rowe for the guidebook?

Mr Mark Hansen wrote

>It also seems to me that all of the steadholders in the clan's domain are
>affected by drought, rain, etc. in a similar manner.

Perhaps, but there's such a thing as "microclimates." I bet the steads along the Frog River get pretty much the same rainfall, but those near the Cleft of Dorasta might get more or less one year. This is one reason you need clans (and tribes) -- you have people you can rely on for help who don't live right next to you, and may have different economic situations.

Of course, this would be difficult to quantify in game terms, and as GM I'd probably wing it (as I think Pam does). As noble, generous, and bold stead leader Agharl, I tried hard to make sure we put in productive work and didn't go adventuring all the time. Most of the other players wanted to build stuff like forges and gate houses, which aren't immediately important...