Corruption and Curries.

From: Alex Ferguson <alex_at_dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 95 11:40:05 GMT

Nick Brooke's Visual Basic:
> corrupted itself around
> Christmas-time preventing further development work...

I always sayed MessyDOS (and indeed, all things Gatesian) was a source of Corruption. If you still have the code in ASCII form, I'd be interested in having a look. Yes, I have a Dark History of BASIC programming, before I got to be an Ivory Tower theoretician.

> Dara Happa is, unfortunately, a rice monoculture. I did try to change
> this, but Greg was fixated on the idea.

Ah yes, the India analogue strikes again. Makes a certain amount of sense, particularly with respect to the importance of irigation. After all, DH isn't likely to be dry enough to need much extra water just to grow, say, wheat.

And Joerg says:
> BTW Dara Happan rice: This could (and should) be different from Kralori
> and Vor(u)maini rice, IMO. Maybe golden of colour, to celebrate the sky?

So they have the Basmati type, obviously? A lamb Kostaddi masalla please, waiter. Okay, it isn't golden, but it will be if we stick it in some saffron. Excuse me, I'm getting hungry...

BTW, believers in the inserted "u" may like to note that "Vorumai" is the (current) adjective of choice in Chapin & Ferguson circles. Of course, this, and indeed everything else, may be subject to change.

Alex.