Mathiman the Impaler

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 1995 15:22:11 +1100

G'day all,

The Bugger Underling Card

David Gadboi

s claims:

(Speaking of Dara Happan depravity) -
>So while they do sometimes
>act like Markus Eagle Scout, they just as often succumb to temptation,
>which, given the extreme pressure not to do so, often takes extremely
>ritualized and deviant forms. Remember, Mathiman's epithet "The
>Impaler" was not based on his homicidal tendencies.

A foul slander! History is, of course, written by the victors. Not once did Mathiman use the (handwritten) "Bugger Underling" card that he inherited from his successor Korzanelm, though he did flash it around at times to get his way. Anyone seeing the curious inverted Man Rune and twisted fertility rune soon got the picture, and did what they were told quick smart.

Mathiman truly earned his epithet for his penchant of hoisting those he didn't like on poles. This is a long-held dara Happan custom - it's just that Mathiman was a real enthusiast. (Another theory, courtesy of Neil Robinson, is that he earned his name due to the way he held his cutlery. I liked that.)

I've just got back from a week-long school camp (marching kids up mountains), and have another 11 Digests to wade through!

Cheers

MOB